On August 7th, over a hundred people gathered in the gym for our family orientation – new and returning students, parents, grandparents, siblings and staff. In a very short time – four hours – a community formed.
Our new community holds onto strengths from our past:
• A vision of excellence in educational opportunity for all
• An academic approach that reflects our core values of care, inclusivity, community, service, justice and zeal
• A pedagogy that centers on the belief that all children have incredible potential
• A commitment to academic rigor
While we find strength from our past, we look to an exciting future as we create something new:
• La Salle Middle School, a charter school that provides us the opportunity to impact more students
• The EnCompass program, a values-based program that includes a host of wrap-around support services, including a Graduate Support Program, co-curricular activities, and student and family support services.
As we open our doors for the first day of school, I think about Aaron, a new 5th grader at La Salle Middle School. Aaron told me that he is “just a little nervous but mostly excited” about starting a new school. We share Aaron’s excitement, and are grateful for our community of friends who continue to propel us into the future with faith, hope and love.